Easy steps to uninstall mcafee livesafe windows 10
Are you facing trouble to uninstall McAfee Livesafe Windows 10?
Sometimes, apps like adware and spamware get installed along with freeware that you download from the internet. And in case if it is a malicious application, you would have to use anti-virus solutions to protect your device.
Different ways to uninstall McAfee Livesafe windows 10 from Windows 10-
The users can uninstall McAfee Livesafe windows 10 using the conventional approach from ‘Programs and Features’. You can uninstall the McAfee by following three methods, which are-
- With the help of apps and features in ‘Settings’.
- Use the MCPR Tool.
- Remove traces and leftover of McAfee Livesafe antivirus
Below are the steps on how to uninstall McAfee Livesafe windows 10 with the help of apps and features –
- On the ‘Start’ menu, click on the gear icon and go to ‘Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Apps’ and find ‘McAfee Livesafe’. Select it and click on ‘Uninstall’.
- Check the option of ‘McAfee Livesafe’ and remove all the files of the program. If you reinstall on PC, you can enter your subscription program and choose your settings again.
- In order to wipe out, click on ‘Remove’ option and once the installation completes, select ‘Restart Now’.
The task is not accomplished yet. You have to visit the official site of McAfee and use the tool ‘McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool’. It is an important tool to remove McAfee entirely from the system. And the steps to do so are-
- Go to the official website of McAfee and download the ‘McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool’. Double click on ‘MCPR.exe’ and open once the download is complete.
- On user account, select ‘Yes’ and click ‘Next’ on McAfee Software Removal.
- On the end, user license agreement select ‘Agree’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Enter the characters and fill the Captcha box. Then, select ‘Next’.
- The MCPR will detect the installed program itself and will uninstall few programs.
- It will take a couple of minutes to finish the process. Once the process gets completed restart the Windows 10. Before proceeding to finish, save your pending work to avoid losing any important item.
The next step is to remove traces and leftover of the McAfee Livesafe Antivirus. You have to delete the traces and leftovers from the registry entries and files. It is recommended to take the backup of your registry files so that you can revive the same in case of emergency. Follow the steps below-
- Click on the search icon and type ‘regedit’. Then, hit ‘Enter’.
- From the UAC warning prompt, select ‘Ok’.
- And after the registry editor appears, go to
- In both of the strings look for the terms having prefix as ‘McAfee’. Once you find, right-click on them and select ‘Delete’.
You can also delete the temporary files and recent files. You can undergo the steps below to do so-
- Copy the following commands, paste it into the run box, ‘%temp% ; recent; temp’ and press ‘Enter’ every time.
- Select all the items and delete as the folder open.
The significant part is that you can uninstall the other segments of antivirus in the same ways. So even if you have McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Windows Security, the procedure is the same. The only difference will be in the name only.
The steps should help you to overcome your concern of uninstalling McAfee Livesafe windows 10. In case, the issue persists, get in touch with McAfee Support Number and for any other queries contact McAfee Support Phone Number at 1-844-898-5888. Read our McAfee Support series to solve similar issues.